Riley Children’s Foundation – Giving Tuesday
Riley Children’s Foundation is the fundraising arm of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health that helps ensure children have access to exceptional healthcare by supporting breakthrough pediatric research, expert family-centered care, and clinical programs that need additional funding. Riley teamed up with Charity Dynamics to grow Giving Tuesday into a powerhouse giving day for the foundation in the midst of their robust Gift of Hope Happens Here end-of-year campaign.
Client Riley Children’s Foundation
Skills Strategy, UX Design, Fundraising, Engagement
- Take the optimized 2015 Giving Tuesday campaign that had seen a 107% increase year-over-year to the next level in order to reach a sizeable, increased 2016 goal
- Use digital assets to better promote match, unique donor goals, and the second annual Giving Tuesday Q&A microsite event anchored by a number of organization ambassadors
- Stand out from other campaigns through lightbox and email strategy on a day with tons of competition
- Created a slightly more aggressive email schedule that included a mid-day send in between AM/PM sends to keep up incredible momentum of the all-day Q&A event and stay top-of-mind in constituents’ inboxes.
- Updated email stationery design to feature both hope and need images for stronger header/call-to-action visuals and more emotional impact
- Refreshed lightbox design and implementation to incorporate match/goal information, mission imagery of Giving Tuesday Ambassador Andrew Luck with Riley kids and a clear, urgent countdown timer
- Promoted unique opportunity to “unlock” additional match funds if Riley could reach a specific number of donors on Giving Tuesday in all digital assets
- 146% increase YOY in total amount raised through Giving Tuesday efforts alone, surpassing a lofty internal goal by more than $15,000
- 157% increase YOY in amount raised through Giving Tuesday emails along with increased email engagement rates. The highest click-through rates and number of gifts for a single message in the entire 13-part End of Year Gift of Hope series went to a Giving Tuesday email that featured both hope/need imagery
- The number of individual gifts Riley received on Giving Tuesday more than doubled