Best Friends Animal Society: Fundraising Strategy
Charity Dynamics provided fundraising engagement strategies for Best Friends Animal Society to strengthen fundraising activity among their Strut Your Mutt walk participants.
To learn more, visit strutyourmutt.org.
- Participation in the walks had increased but fundraising had decreased in previous years.
- The organization needed a strategy for using TeamRaiser to coach participants in taking successful steps for fundraising.
- With a goal of growing the Strut Your Mutt program, they needed to see a return on investment for the 14 existing walks.
- Performed an opportunity assessment and made recommendations for registration through coaching participants that could bring a higher return in fundraising.
- Added a strong donation ask during registration to kickstart participants’ fundraising.
- Provided strategy around TeamRaiser email communications to use conditionals on where the fundraiser has already taken action.
- Updated the Participant Center to be responsive to enable easy mobile fundraising.
- Saw 110% increase in donations during registration.
- Doubled the percentage of participants who sent emails, updated their page and made a personal donation.
- Increased participants fundraising online by 22% (33% in 2016 to 55% in 2017).