Charity Dynamics is the leading provider of mobile fundraising software and digital services to the world’s top nonprofit organizations. We are the innovation engine our clients depend on to help them fulfill their missions. We are a group of digital innovators, strategists, thinkers and doers focused exclusively on helping our clients achieve their missions to change the world.
Here at Charity Dynamics we take our client’s missions personally. We volunteer, we raise money, we literally walk, ride or run for our clients. We live our client’s missions to better humankind, from finding cures to disease to saving our environment and everything in between. Our people and solutions impact millions of donors, it’s not just about our products and services, it’s bigger than that. It’s about doing something real, something for humanity. That’s where you come in.
We are seeking an experienced, part-time Accountant for our dynamic, growing organization! This position provides you with the opportunity to work closely with our CEO and Controller as well as other key areas of the business.
As a member of our team, a typical day might include the following:
- Reconcile the bank statement with Quickbooks’ predicted balance.
- Process an incoming check in both banking software and Quickbooks.
- Assist in updating a cash flow forecast to predict expenses and bank balances months in advance.
- Record a loss on disposal for a laptop that breaks before being fully depreciated.
- Prepare month end journal entries like depreciation and payroll.
- Interact with our clients about their contracts and AP needs.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a strong background in accounting.
- You know your way around a spreadsheet. You might not know it all, but you’re not afraid of pivot tables or 10 sheet documents.
- You’d enjoy working for a small company. You would work on a daily basis with the Controller who reports to the CEO and Board.
- You’re detail oriented. Everyone makes mistakes, but you predict ways to audit and catch them. And if you find something particularly nasty, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and untangle it.
- Ensure all expenses and liabilities are properly classified as to department, account, and period.
- Guide day-to-day accounting operations, providing input on all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Maintain and develop accounting policies and systems in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee preparation of Sales Tax Payable returns, 1099’s and Payroll Tax returns. Turn over financial documents tax ready to CPA.
- Demonstrate a very high level of competency in financial preparation (journal entries, balance sheet integrity).
- Assist in development and completion of monthly reports, KPI’s and ad hoc analysis for the senior management team and private equity sponsor.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- At least 2 years accounting experience
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Proficient at analyzing information and problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to collaborate with peers to enhance teamwork and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Charity Dynamics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.