American Cancer Society
The walk is one day in October. The fight is every day before and after. The money raised through Making Strides walks helps the American Cancer Society in the fight against breast cancer. Charity Dynamics helped realize this mission by utilizing their Never Walk Alone campaign to align that with their walk communications.
Client American Cancer Society
Skills Fundraising, UX Design
- Communications had really become stale and open/CTR were low for a P2P event.
- Stationery was not responsive
- Walks had experienced a decline in fundraising and participation
- New responsive stationery that was on brand and utilized event imagery
- Recruitment series that focused on “Never Walk Alone’ messaging and encouraged people to sign up early.
- Engagement series that focused on single CTAs per email and really pushed fundraising success and tools up to the participant.
- Recruitment Series jumped from 7% to 11% open rate
- Engagement Series jumped from 22% to 37% open rate
- Revenue was up 54% and Participants up 13% BEFORE going into key fundraising weeks
- 58% of participants are actively fundraising (above walk benchmark of 40%)