MD Anderson Cancer Center – Boot Walk
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center launched their new walk event, Boot Walk to End Cancer, in May. This new walk is a community initiative where all proceeds from the event will benefit research and patient programs at MD Anderson, home to the nation’s top-ranked hospital for cancer care.
New to the Blackbaud platform, MD Anderson partnered with Charity Dynamics to implement Blackbaud Luminate Online as well as design and develop their new walk website. Working strategically with the MD Anderson, we discussed walk goals, branding standards, and what an optimal user experience would be online for their supporters. Charity Dynamics dug in and worked diligently to implement the software as well as designed and developed an incredible user experience.
The walk will wind around the MD Anderson campus and through the Texas Medical Center on November 12, 2016. Everyone who attends is encouraged to wear their favorite pair of boots to “give cancer the boot”.
- Create a pre-launch website survey to collect names when Houston Rodeo promoted new Walk event
- Drive excitement to a new event with limited walk branding and photography
- Have participants’ performance front and center to inspire fundraising efforts for MD Anderson’s mission
- Capture supporter’s MD Anderson connection to allow for a more open, specific communication style
- Develop an easier approach to mobile fundraising
- Created a responsive survey on Blackbaud Luminate Online to collect names, addresses and Walk interest
- Deployed Blackbaud Luminate Online with care to ensure Google Analytics tracking, data mapping and administrative set up while constantly future-proofing for additional, upcoming fundraising projects
- Focused on user experience by having intuitive, simplified action paths on a completely responsive website
- Simplified registration by keeping registration questions to a minimum and clarifying TeamRaiser template pages
- Kept fundraising process to a simple, one page process and ensured a PDF was enabled for easy donation receipting
- Worked with MD Anderson team to develop and incorporate fun photography to bring excitement to new site
- Offered a variety of social media sharing opportunities to allow supporters to connect with their family and friends
- Integrated Boundless Fundraising Facebook and mobile applications
- Captured over 200 names in pre-launch survey that were easily converted to registrations for the Boot Walk
- Crafted a flexible, easily-updatable and beautifully responsive site where MD Anderson staff can easily manage participants and update content as needed
- Continued our partnership with MD Anderson with a services retainer to enable us to continually review and update the site’s progress for the best user experience possible