Charity Dynamics is the leading provider of mobile software and digital services to the world’s top nonprofit organizations. We are the innovation engine our clients depend on to help them fulfill their missions. We are a group of digital innovators, strategists, thinkers and doers focused exclusively on helping our clients achieve their missions to change the world.
Here at Charity Dynamics we take our client’s missions personally. We volunteer, we raise money, we literally walk, ride or run for our clients. We live our client’s missions to better humankind, from finding cures to disease to saving our environment and everything in between. Our people and solutions impact millions of donors, it’s not just about our products and services, it’s bigger than that. It’s about doing something real, something for humanity. That’s where you come in.
We are seeking an experienced, Senior Accountant for our dynamic, growing organization. This position provides you with the opportunity to work closely with our CEO and Controller as well as other key areas of the business.
As a member of our team, a typical day might include the following:
- Reconcile the bank statement with Quickbooks’ predicted balance.
- Communicate with Operations regarding the project status and implement the correct financial tracking mechanism
- Process an incoming check in both banking software and Quickbooks.
- Assist in updating a cash flow forecast to predict expenses and bank balances months in advance.
- Record a loss on disposal for a laptop that breaks before being fully depreciated.
- Prepare month end journal entries like depreciation and payroll.
- Interact with our clients about their contracts and AP needs.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a strong background in accounting and analytical skills.
- You know your way around a spreadsheet. You might not know it all, but you’re not afraid of pivot tables or 10 sheet documents.
- You’d enjoy working for a small company and interested in learning and working in a number of different areas. You would work on a daily basis with the Controller who reports to the CEO and Board.
- You’re detail oriented. Everyone makes mistakes, but you predict ways to audit and catch them. And if you find something particularly nasty, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and untangle it.
- Ensure all expenses and liabilities are properly classified as to department, account, and period.
- Implement the daily accounting operations, including the entry of all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Maintain and develop accounting policies and systems in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee preparation of Sales Tax Payable returns, 1099’s and Payroll Tax returns. Turn over financial documents tax ready to CPA.
- Demonstrate a very high level of competency in financial preparation (journal entries, balance sheet integrity).
- Assist in development and completion of monthly reports, KPI’s and ad hoc analysis for the senior management team and private equity sponsor.
- Setup new contracts in NetSuite OpenAir including client, project, tasks, billing rules and revenue rules.
- Responsible for invoicing clients and managing revenue recognition and forecasting in Open Air.
- Responsible for payroll processing and expense reimbursement.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- At least 4 years accounting experience
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Proficient at analyzing information and problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships with all internal departments and work together to identify process improvements, improve standards, efficiency, and profitability
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Experience with NetSuite OpenAir is a PLUS
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
Physical and Environmental Factors:
- Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and other essential office equipment, the ability to manage and engage in client/customer communication, the physical ability to move in the office space and to perform the essential functions.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Charity Dynamics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.