- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- and, how you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, company, job title, phone, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”:
We restrict access to personal information collected about you at our website to our employees, our affiliates’ employees, those who are otherwise specified in this Policy, or others who need to know that information to provide services to you or in the course of conducting our business operations or activities. While no website can guarantee security, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information collected via the website. We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We also advise all Charity Dynamics employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our company’s business ethics standards and confidentiality policies. Inside Charity Dynamics, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Charity Dynamics will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Charity Dynamics stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Charity Dynamics has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting the Website:
6300 Bridge Point Parkway, Ste 240
Austin, TX, 78730
You can also send an email to: email@example.com
Boundless Fundraising is an application that allows you to easily let your friends and family know about your participation in non-profit events and allow said family and friends to more easily support you with donations. We want you to be comfortable using this application, whether it is through Facebook or on your iPhone, so we feel an obligation to be honest and transparent about how this application functions and let you know exactly what data we store and how we use it.
Information We Receive:
- From Facebook: Very plainly, we receive and store NO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE information from Facebook. We adhere strictly to Facebook’s Developer Principles and Policies. The only information received from Facebook that we store permanently is your Facebook User ID. When you add our application on Facebook, you are prompted to allow access to your Facebook account. By allowing us access to your account, you are putting your trust in us and we want you to be fully aware of what is happening to your data. We do not use or store any of your Facebook data. We use the connection to Facebook to allow you to share content from our app to Facebook. In the event that you want to disconnect Facebook from our app, you can do so through the settings in the respective mobile app. If you would like to request that we remove any stored information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From Google Fit, Apple Health, Garmin, FitBit, and Strava: If a user elects to connect the app to Google Fit, Apple Health or any other fitness tracking platform, the app will request activity data from these platforms to aggregate distance, duration or steps achieved and display that information publicly. If activity is recorded from within the app, precise location (GPS and network-based) will be accessed to collect total activity achieved. Location data itself is never used or stored in the app.
- From an Event Server: Most likely you are participating in an event and have set up your information online using an application hosted by an “Event Server” such as Convio or Blackbaud. We receive and store your first name and last name for use in our app for the event in which you are participating. If the mobile app has Event Day Check-in enabled, then we also store email address so that we can send you a QR code before the event to make check-in easier. We do not use your email address for any other purpose.
- Internally: Internally we store a record of messages and notifications generated by your account’s activity. In most cases we do not even store the content of these messages.
How We Use Your Information
We receive and store your first name and last name for display purposes in our app for the event in which you are participating. If the mobile app has Event Day Check-in enabled, then we also store email address so that we can send you a QR code before the event to make check-in easier. We do not use your email address for any other purpose.
We ask for offline access to your Facebook account so we can periodically check the event server for changes in your fundraising amount and update your Facebook badge accordingly.
YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE an unsolicited communication from Boundless Fundraising.
If you would like your stored event information removed, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Share Information
In short, WE DON’T. Your information is stored in our servers and is shown in the mobile app. However, we do not share your information with anyone.
We do, however, reserve the right to share stored information to respond to legal requests and to prevent harm to our clients, our end users, and our company. This includes, but is not limited to, lawful bodies inside and outside of the United States.
The Boundless Fundraising application is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. We do not solicit to persons under the age of 13 and we ask that if you are a person under the age of 13 that you do not add or attempt to access the Boundless Fundraising application.
The terms “Us,” “we,” “our,” “Boundless Fundraising,” “Charity Dynamics,” refer to Charity Dynamics, Inc. and specifically the Boundless Fundraising on and offline property.
The term “Event Server” refers to the online entities that provide you with the tools to manage your online fundraising: including but not limited to, Convio, Inc., Blackbaud, Inc., DonorDrive, Classy, Neon One, or Raisin.
By “application” we refer to our Boundless Fundraising application on Facebook or iPhone or Android devices, as well as anything else that receives or transmits data.
By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
The terms “you” and “your” refer to the reader of this document and/or the user of any of the mentioned applications.
Need help? Please contact our support team.