Peer-to-Peer Opportunity Assessment
Partner with Charity Dynamics to identify areas of opportunity to your grow your P2P fundraising program, estimate the ROI for each recommendation, then prioritize recommendations based on potential impact for your organization.
Interested in Learning More?
Peer-to-peer fundraising is a method of fundraising that leverages your supporters to fundraise on your behalf. It may also be known as social fundraising, personal and/or team fundraising, or p2p fundraising.
Peer-to-peer fundraising is a great way to get new donors and reach new networks of people. It happens mostly at the grassroots level, and is one of the most social forms of fundraising.
Peer-to-peer catapults your supporters and donors in your organization’s narrative; it is powerful and increasingly popular because the fundraisers become the heroes of the story.
Why this Matters?
Builds upon Existing Relationships: Traditional fundraising requires significant investments of time and effort. It takes time to earn donors’ trust and cultivate relationships with them. Peer-to-peer fundraising helps scale relationship-building by tapping into your current supporters’ respective networks—their friends, family, and colleagues.
Multiplies Impact of Limited Resources: Peer-to-peer fundraising helps you make the most of what you already have by raising up an army among your current supporters. These advocates are your organization’s evangelists; they’ll augment your ongoing fundraising efforts by raising funds on your behalf – and in some really creative ways.
Grows Awareness Organically: When your tribe of advocates champion your cause and raise funds, they’ll start with their family, friends, and colleagues. As they do, they’ll spread the word and share your story and along the way, which will carry your message and mission to new audiences in one of the most effective forms of marketing—word of mouth.
Why Partner with Charity Dynamics?
The peer-to-peer fundraising landscape is constantly changing, which brings exciting opportunities as well as challenges for non-profits as they look to grow their event programs. The peer-to-peer fundraising world is different today than it was ten years ago – even two years ago. Why do some walks thrive and others decline?
There are more non-profits, more events and more competition for participants and dollars. With that in mind, how does your organization’s brand and event stand out?
We can’t be sure how many people will register for the event, or if a new sponsor will join, or a new Network Partner team will fundraise. But we can make sure your program inspires supporters and connects closely with your cause. Reaching recruitment and fundraising goals shouldn’t be just about getting new bodies to the event, but attracting the right people who will recruit, share, donate, fundraise, show up, and engage.
Goals of Solution
- To identify areas of opportunity to grow a peer-to-peer fundraising program
- Estimate the return on investment for each recommendation
- Prioritize recommendation based on potential impact for the organization
- Develop a prioritized action plan that will have a measurable impact on fundraising and revenue performance
Charity Dynamics will conduct a thorough review of your peer-to-peer program including Word and Excel based assets documenting:
- Review of the current market landscape for solutions and emerging trends with potential to further revenue for client organization;
- Client interviews with stakeholders from across multiple roles/departments including Development, IT, Marketing, Communications, Events, and Direct Response among others;
- Client data sources including fundraising, participation, eCommunication and Google Analytics data among others;
- Available market studies and literature; and
- Charity Dynamics institutional knowledge and research.
As a result of the discovery process, areas of opportunities will be identified, and specific recommendations to take advantage of those opportunities will be developed. Final recommendations are then categorized to create a prioritized strategy for fundraising growth.
Categorization & Prioritization
Fundraising opportunities are categorized in four different ways in order create actionable options for the client to pursue: operational area, time to realization, cost to realization, and revenue impact.
- Operational Area – Based on meaningful terms within the client organization, opportunities are categorized by area of program impact such as Peer-to-Peer Fundraising, Event Management, Campaign Management, Reporting & Analytics, and Integration & Data.
- Time to Realization – Estimated length of time for organization to have recommendation full in place.
- Cost to Realization – Estimated cost to organization of recommendation.
- Revenue Impact – Expected impact on revenue. Meaningful ranges will be developed for the organization to create ranges for a high, medium or low impact designation.
Final actionable plan details most thoroughly projects that have low cost to realization, low time to realization and high revenue impact.
- Kick-off Presentation detailing scope of impact analysis, goals of engagement, and project timeline
- Project Timeline and weekly status reporting
- Discovery interview summary documentation detailing interviews along with summary information to be used in final recommendations
- Research findings documentation including data provided by client that is relevant to engagement along with industry research, benchmarks, and charity dynamics internal data. The document details key information to be used in development of final recommendations
- Opportunity Impact Action Plan – a document detailing each proposed project along with the categorization variables and metrics relevant to the scope of project and client goals along with recommended next steps for greatest organization impact
- Opportunity Impact Action Plan Presentation – Executive level summarization of finding and next steps detailed in a presentation for organizational stakeholders
Select the Package that Best Fits Your Needs
The opportunity impact analysis model can be used broadly across an organization’s entire online fundraising program or tailored narrowly to a specific topic or program.
|Dynamic I||Dynamic II||Dynamic III|
|Single Focus Area / Incremental Fundraising Improvements||Multi Focus Area / Rapid Growth||
Full Digital Program / Transformational Growth
The best way for Charity Dynamics to support an organization following an Opportunity Assessment is through a retained services agreement. Retainers start at 10 hours per month and are sized based on the actual needs of the client.
Limitations of Service
The engagement leverages the insights gathered from participation by stakeholders at the organization as well as data available and provided by the client.
Want to Learn More?
Are you interesting in hearing more details behind our Peer-to-Peer Opportunity Analysis? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch to schedule a meeting!