Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Charity Dynamics helped the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch) develop a custom Luminate Online TeamRaiser event for Amazon’s employee fundraising campaign benefiting men’s health and prostate cancer research.
Client Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Skills Strategy, Engagement, Fundraising
- The Fred Hutch team had about one month to create and launch a custom peer-to-peer fundraising event to support an Amazon employee fundraising program in November 2018.
- The event required a custom donation form option for international transactions.
- The event also needed a dedicated participant portal with email templates, the ability to update fundraising pages, track donations, and toolkit information.
- Fred Hutch partnered with Charity Dynamics to launch a TeamRaiser event, Moustaches@Amazon, based on the organization’s existing peer-to-peer fundraising event.
- Charity Dynamics created a new version of the organization’s custom peer-to-peer donation form to successfully process international transactions.
- Charity Dynamics created a new version of the organization’s custom participant portal, and added custom email messaging and branding for the Moustaches@Amazon event.
- Charity Dynamics created a blueprint for the Moustaches@Amazon event within Luminate Online TeamRaiser, using the existing functionality of Fred Hutch’s peer-to-peer event, and customizing the language and features for the Moustaches@Amazon brand. The event can now be easily replicated in the years ahead. We launched the 2018 event before October 1, which allowed fundraisers to register and to create personal pages and stories, with plenty of time to fundraise throughout the month of November.
- The Moustaches@Amazon event provided custom email stationery, automatic email messaging, and email templates in the participant portal to engage participants and provide them with fundraising tools to increase donations.
- Charity Dynamics provided the Fred Hutch team with documentation on updates and changes made from their existing peer-to-peer event for the new Moustaches@Amazon event to allow the organization to quickly recreate the Moustaches@Amazon event year after year.