AIDS Project Los Angeles
AIDS Project Los Angeles provides first-rate HIV/AIDS care and prevention programs to more than 11,000 individuals while fighting for smart, effective HIV-related public policy. Frustrated with an outdated site that was also difficult for staff to maintain, they worked with Charity Dynamics to migrate over to the Convio CMS Platform.
- Website had not been updated in years and the design was out of date
- The site lived on an antiquated CMS tool which prevented staff from making simple copy updates, resulting in a lag in up to date information
- Content was out dated and the site was in need of a content purge and merge
- Surveyed staff, stake holders and constituents to understand their key points of interest and biggest pain points when it comes to website design and management
- Used data from Google Analytics along with feedback from targeted surveys, to reorganize content based on the needs of the APLA community
- Personalized the site and engaged visitors by putting a “face to APLA”
- Convio CMS Development & Migration — With over 1,000 pages on their existing site, we took the time up front to understand how this content was organized within APLA’s existing site architecture. This discovery process allowed us to efficiently refine their content, and develop a well — structured site architecture to match their cleaner design.
- Facebook Integration — APLA is an event driven organization with stockpiles of great photography. Previously these photos were managed within several different tools. Knowing their audience was on Facebook, we built a custom feed to display photos directly from Facebook. Whenever they upload a new photo on Facebook, it appears dynamically on the homepage!
- Activity Center — To help their constituents manage their website profile; we built a fully customized Activity Center. The Activity Center allows them to update their contact information, view monthly donations as well as learn about actions to take and the impact they are making on APLA and all they do.