ALS Association – Personas
Charity Dynamics partnered with The ALS Association, the only national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease on every front to chart a new communications course in the post-Ice Bucket Challenge era, using Personas to understand key audience segments.
- After adding 1,000,000+ new donors as a result of the Ice Bucket Challenge, The Association needed to recalibrate its communications to speak to new audiences
- A growing, yet still “lean and mean” national Digital and Development staff needed to focus its efforts on key segments with the most potential
- The Association’s independent Chapters needed additional support in their own marketing efforts
- Intensive discovery with key stakeholders on the National and Chapter level to understand how communications support their program, advocacy and fundraising goals
- Comprehensive review of current donor studies, website analytics, current email efforts and user experience (UX)
- Extensive surveys of current donors, volunteers, website visitors and clients
- Detailed analysis of pre-and post-Ice Bucket Challenge donor characteristics and performance
- Creation of detailed Persona profiles for eight key audiences, using engaging back stories that allow National and Chapter staff and vendors to gain a truer understanding of the challenges, goals and opportunities to engage different groups as they craft communications
- The ALS Association has a clear understanding of the target audiences that are most likely to move the needle in future fundraising efforts
- The ALS Association has a roadmap to update their technology to better target supporters with the ‘right message at the right time.’
- The ALS Association has the tools it needs at the national and local level to develop consistent and compelling communications that put the donor at the center of the conversation.