ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee): Sustainer Upgrade
ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee) helps to provide refugees worldwide with dignity, health and self-sufficiency. The organization invests its donors’ contributions in projects — co-created with refugees — to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities. To learn more about ALIGHT’s work, visit arcrelief.org/about.
Charity Dynamics worked with ALIGHT to help the organization foster that same sense of dignity and self-sufficiency in its relationship with its monthly donors — a growing group of supporters.
Client ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee)
Skills Strategy, Fundraising, Technology
- ALIGHT wanted to up its cultivation game when it came to sustaining donors by providing them with more relevant and engaging content in its stewardship materials.
- ALIGHT wanted to rebrand its monthly giving program with its new “Changemaker 365” initiative to streamline its efforts.
- ALIGHT wanted to empower more of its one-time donors to choose monthly giving as an easy option to have an impact and to provide current sustainers a way to more easily upgrade their monthly support.
- Used compelling ALIGHT content developed for its Changemaker 365 program as a basis to rebrand its entire monthly giving program, including redesigning monthly donor messages and the sustainer center to communicate the amazing impact their contributions have in the lives of refugees.
- Leveraged our knowledge of the Luminate platform to develop and implement an intercept lightbox to invite donors to upgrade their one-time support to the convenience of monthly giving and created an easy way for ALIGHT to populate its standard monthly thank you emails with fresh, compelling content.
- Used the Luminate API to develop a secure and seamless three-click experience for donors to upgrade their monthly gift — without needing to know their username and password.
- Increased the percentage of donors using ALIGHT’s website form to elect monthly giving by 17%.
- Successfully launched an annual marketing campaign to empower sustainers to increase their monthly gift, with 2.3% of those receiving the inaugural effort raising their commitment by an average of $11.38 per month.
- Combining rank-and-file monthly donors into the new Changemaker 365 program allowed ALIGHT’s staff to increase cultivation of all sustainers without adding significantly to their workload.