Boston Children’s Hospital: Walk For Kids
Boston Children’s Hospital Trust (BCH) was looking to identify opportunities to catapult their already successful Eversource Walk for Kids to the next level In a highly competitive marketplace by repositioning and strengthening the connection between fundraising and the impact walk participants can have to benefit the hospital.
Client Boston Children’s Hospital
Skills Strategy, Engagement, Fundraising, UX Design, Technology
- BCH wanted to increase registrations as well as funds raised through this signature fundraising event.
- They needed to gain an understanding of the program’s core challenges.
- And they needed to Identify areas of opportunity that were not currently being maximized.
- Charity Dynamics conducted an in-depth program audit, taking a 360˚ view of the program to fully understand current prospect and participant behavio This included discovery sessions with key stakeholders, participant surveys and a business intelligence/data analytics review.
- Charity Dynamics identified short-, mid- and long-term opportunities for BCH to support their event goals, and provided return on investment calculations for these opportunities.
- These activities included the following:
- Creation of a fundraising-focused messaging platform for the event to improve the connection between the event’s purpose (raise funds) and the impact these funds have on BCH’s mission.
- Implementation of an e-communications participant coaching strategy and audience segmentation plan.
- Reimagining of the event’s main communication pages, including the home page, registration flow and fundraising center, to support the above strategy and ensure strong engagement and fundraising activation by registered participants.
- BCH saw an 8% increase in average funds raised by all walk participants thanks to zero-dollar fundraiser activation and increased fundraising efforts (by active fundraisers).
- The average for funds raisedincreased by 17% when zero-dollar fundraisers were removed.
- By segmenting their audiences and personalizing messages, BCH was able to realize a 28% increase in funds raised by their Miracle Makers (individuals raising $1K+).