Case Study: Empowering CHOC’s Adventure in the Park with Participant Support
Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) brought the community back together after a few years apart in spectacular fashion at the Happiest Place on Earth
Children’s Hospital of Orange County’s annual CHOC Walk wanted to celebrate their 30th anniversary Walk in a big way so they joined forces with a huge pillar in their community, Disneyland®, for CHOC Adventure in the Park.
They enlisted the help of Charity Dynamics amazing Participant Support team to help make this grand event a massive success.
- After a chaotic two year away, CHOC Walk was making the transition back to in-person events. In order to be able to gather once again, they needed to introduce a new event format – a private party at Disney California Adventure® Park, and anticipated a significant increase in support traffic.
- PartParticipant experience is critically important to CHOC, and their event staff needed to remain concentrated on optimizing this aspect. It’s noteworthy to mention that, compared to our standard campaign timeline which typically spans roughly 6 months from launch to event date, this event campaign was uniquely condensed into a 2-month timeframe due to certain event changes. This shortened fundraising window presented its own set of challenges, potentially impacting the results.
I’m so incredibly grateful that we found the Charity Dynamics support team when we did. 2022 was by far one of the craziest years our event has ever seen, and with all the change we were dealing with since the pandemic, participant support definitely would’ve fallen by the wayside if it weren’t for their team.
We received so much positive feedback from our constituents about the CD support staff, even from some of our longest standing fundraisers. Having the ability to get their questions answered on the spot, in a way that they preferred, meant everything to them. And our team knows that because of that support, we weren’t missing vital donations or registrations simply because of a minor confusion. We wouldn’t have survived this past year without them!
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County enlisted the help of Charity Dynamics’ Support Team to answer constituent’s questions.
- Charity Dynamics helped CHOC select the right combination of phone, chat and email support to provide fundraiser’s answers on demand.
- The Charity Dynamics Support Team ensured each touch point left a positive impression, freeing up CHOC staff to focus on the event and fundraising experience.
- The Charity Dynamics Support Team was able to scale up at peak period to ensure that support inquiries were handled in a timely and professional manner, with over 880 cases completed, via phone, email and chat channels.
- The event was a huge success raising over $1.9 million for the mission, and reporting high participant satisfaction.