Case Study: World IBD Awareness Day
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation and Charity Dynamics team up to launch interactive world map, video game, and other web features in support of inflammatory bowel disease awareness.
Every year on May 19th, the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation dedicates World IBD Day to raising awareness and familiarity with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). This year, the Foundation teamed up with Charity Dynamics to launch a digital campaign that used interactive and fun elements to engage supporters.
Through this campaign, the Foundation and Charity Dynamics aimed to “say ‘game over’ to IBD” and increase understanding of this important cause.
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation was looking for a unique way to stand out from other marketing noise and other World IBD Day campaigns.
- They wanted to show people living with IBD that they are not alone and build community.
- They were looking to introduce their new livestreaming fundraising program in a creative way.
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation partnered with Charity Dynamics to plan a retro gaming-themed fundraiser.
- Inspired by old school arcade games, the Foundation hoped to increase individual donations and support their mission to improve the lives of those affected by Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- To bring this theme to life, the Foundation launched a multi-faceted campaign which was build upon Blackbaud’s Luminate Online platform.
With help from Charity Dynamics, the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation was about to celebrate World IBD Day with a variety of unique, interactive elements.
- Patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals, and others who care about someone with IBD were invited to pin themselves a custom-built interactive world map.
- Charity Dynamics created a World IBD Day themed video game specifically for the occasion.
- To incentivize larger donations, Charity Dynamics crafted a special World IBD Day T-shirt as a thank-you gift to donors who gave $100 or more.
- Additionally, supporters could show their support for the cause by downloading a custom Zoom background.
All of these elements were designed to raise awareness and funds for the important work of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.