Rubber Duck Regatta Is a Virtual Success
Partnering with Freestore Foodbank to grow fundraising for a long-standing event
As a result of going virtual, and the need to social distance during the fundraising period leading up to the event, there was a need to:
- Make up for lost revenue due to the cancellation of in-person duck sales.
- Replace the excitement of the annual physical event and duck drop.
- Make event messaging relevant during the pandemic.
- Enhanced the segmentation of eAppeals to personalize messaging for multiple segments including new donors who recently gave in response to COVID-19, past event donors, active donor groups, volunteers and more.
- Ensured that the message continued to stay relevant by connecting the dots from funds raised through the event to supporting emergency response efforts for families and children facing hunger as a result of the economic impact of the pandemic
- Analyzed and updated a separate welcome series personalized for new donors who joined the file through the event.
- Incentivized donations through a special, limited-time t-shirt eAppeal promotion that drove to a customized donation form with a minimum donation to receive a t-shirt.
- Used ecommunications to promote a “digital duck drop” aired on the local news in replace of the physical event.