Parkinson’s Foundation: Website
Charity Dynamics designed a website for Parkinson’s Foundation that incorporates the needs of two legacy foundations that merged to create the current organization and that helps further its mission of ensuring a better future for people with Parkinson’s disease.
To learn more, visit www.parkinson.org
- Parkinson’s Foundation was created by the merger of National Parkinson Foundation and Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, and the new website needed to account for the content and needs of both legacy organizations.
- The merger resulted in an organizational rebrand, which triggered site-wide changes to the color palette, typography and other global elements.
- The website needed to accommodate a wide variety of physical conditions and accessibility concerns.
- While the project could make use of the existing Drupal site, improving the site’s user experience and making site administration easier were key requests.
- Analyzed content from each legacy website and proposed a site architecture that accommodated new sections, combined duplicate content, and minimized user confusion by preserving existing content hierarchy and naming conventions where possible.
- Worked with the branding team to ensure color and typography updates were compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines AA accessibility standards and executed the new brand standards through design in a way that struck the appropriate tone for Parkinson’s Foundation and its constituents.
- Combined core Drupal features with some custom work to add specific views, with filters for events, news and blogs, and to have separate lists on the homepage that automatically update (while still allowing prioritized content to be displayed).
- Content is organized in a clear, intuitive way that gives the end user control to easily access the information they need. The global page wrapper also includes search functionality and telephone help line access, each prominently displayed.
- The bold, beautiful and fully responsive site design incorporates new brand assets and includes a customized homepage, a customized Luminate Online donation form and versatile internal page templates.
- Site administrators have an easy-to-use and flexible platform that can adapt to their changing needs.