Restless Leg Syndrome Foundation
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder that affects roughly 10 percent of people. Linked to physiological conditions like blood iron levels and kidney function, as well as precursory medical issues such as diabetes or Parkinson’s disease, RLS causes pain and discomfort in the extremities that commonly manifests in a compulsion to move one’s legs.
The RLS Foundation is the only organization solely dedicated to the advancement of research, treatment, and support programs for those impacted by RLS – having provided around $1.6 million in competitive grants toward this cause since their inception. Over the summer of 2016, Charity Dynamics worked with RLS Foundation to completely overhaul their website in order to solve some longstanding technical issues and implement a modern, responsive design.
- Update RLS.org to a responsive and modern web design for all devices
- Improve SEO through best practices of mobile-friendly design, clear folder structure and HTML5
- Organize and create an easy to use administration structure for content updates in Blackbaud Net Community (BBNC)
- Dramatically improve donation and membership forms using custom solutions to build off of BBNC’s out-of-the-box options
- Create an easy-to-use website to preempt user questions on how to locate information
- Solve user experience difficulties surrounding member login and donation flows
- New responsive stationery that was on brand and utilized event imagery
- Recruitment series that focused on “Never Walk Alone’ messaging and encouraged people to sign up early.
- Engagement series that focused on single CTAs per email and really pushed fundraising success and tools up to the participant.
• A clear BBNC admin structure, limiting errors and increasing RLSF’s ability to update content quickly
• A fresh-yet-professional responsive design, highlighting key usability concerns presented by the organization on behalf of its constituents
• Documents, information and lists presented in a graphic and indexed way to increase user accessibility
• A clearer members only setup for users to understand their current logged-in state
• Dynamic and responsive donation and membership forms to increase engagement and improve the donation funnel