Sierra Club’s mission is to explore, enjoy and protect the planet. They are an organization driven by direct mail and membership. Sierra Club was looking to add their first peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising program and grow their file which would include a younger demographic as a way to introduce new audiences to the organization as well as re-engage with their existing supporters. Charity Dynamics helped assess which kind of P2P program would best transform their fundraising landscape.
- A large national organization that has never had a way for supporters to fundraise for them
- A need to introduce new and younger audiences
- A need to re-engage existing supporters.
- Reviewed the existing data of the Sierra Club fundraising landscape and audience profiles.
- Discovery interviews with designated departments and key internal stakeholders
- Detailed explanation of potential P2P programs reviewed and the likelihood of success for Sierra Club for each program.
- The requirements of each of these programs were weighed against information provided in discovery interviews and the audience segmentation documentation provided.
- Final assessment presentation including a 3-5 year financial review and ROI overview.
- Sierra Club was able to take the final assessment and present to board before budgeting and they were able to move forward with the DIY program we recommended. They are launching towards the end of 2016.