Senior Consultant – Digital Direct Response
Description of Position
The Senior Consultant leads an enterprise-level portfolio of nonprofit clients to assess online needs and develop strategies for direct response email fundraising programs and associated communication, fundraising, peer to peer and advocacy programs. The Consultant develops strategic vision for assigned accounts, articulates financial impact and provides day to day support to ensure client success including campaign strategy and content.
- Serve as the lead consultant on assigned engagements or provide support as needed for other assigned projects
- Develop campaign strategy for digital fundraising programs
- Create content in client voice including copywriting for email & web; as well as manage additional copywriting resources as necessary
- Develop strategic, long term vision for clients through insights gleaned from client discussion, data analysis and best practices. Includes creation on annual marketing calendar.
- Develop successful strategies for online annual fund programs from start to finish that drive client results. Establish or define new benchmarks and provide sound investment relative to the client opportunities and goals. Identify appropriate audience segmentation.
- Develop testing strategies and results analysis. Analyze and report on client results on a regular basis including assessment of results against industry benchmarks.
- Maintain an understanding of digital fundraising and marketing including industry trends, terminology, applications, dynamics and best practices.
- Contribute to thought leadership activities through promoting client success, articles, white papers and speaking engagements with a focus on innovative techniques and trends.
Skills / Education / Experience
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience working with direct response, email fundraising campaigns
- Understanding of nonprofit fundraising and communications practices broadly and how digital programs contribute to overall fundraising strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications or Marketing. MBA or Masters Degree in Communications or Marketing, a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience with online fundraising, advocacy, social media and communication programs. Agency experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of strong strategic focus at a high level, including an understanding of all the required pieces in organization wide, multi-channel campaigns, as well as how individual components may be successfully applied in other situations.
- Experience with email marketing and CRM systems required. Luminate Online and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred.
- Ability to manipulate and interpret data and make data based recommendations
- Excellent computer/internet skills with proficiency in presenting ideas and information in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in a wide variety of client situations, at both the group and executive level, while adapting message and/or presentation accordingly.
- Up to 20% travel to client offices.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the Company
Charity Dynamics is an online marketing agency made up of a bright group of creative people who take great pride in providing comprehensive online solutions exclusively to nonprofit organizations. From strategy to implementation and beyond, we partner with clients of all sizes to deliver the services, software, and support they need to get the results they want. We’re passionate about what we do, and it shows in all aspects of our work.