Across the court I see him – my office rival… no, nemesis. And as luck should have it, he’s eyeing the same red ball as me. Well guess what, Steve– it’s payback time! Remember when you poured out the last cup of coffee? And when you stole the last jelly-filled donut? Well, the dodgeball gods have smiled upon me and I finally have the opportunity to exact my revenge. <cue evil laugh>
Just kidding of course.
However, the Charity Dynamics team did recently compete in a beta test Dodgeball Throwdown tournament for Save the Children. This brand new peer-to-peer fundraising event featured numerous teams, dozens of players, countless prizes, and tons of fun! Inspired by the email fundraising work he’s done with the passionate Save the Children team for the past 3 years, Senior Interactive Consultant Nick Barbieri was instrumental in putting together this event. In the end, we were very fortunate to have raised $2,255 to help Save the Children reach some of the most marginalized children in the U.S. and around the world!
Here are some lessons learned and highlights from the event:
- Key Takeaway: Prepare yourself. Surprisingly, Dodgeball will make every ounce of your body sore. It is really, really weird and somewhat unsettling.
- Once you start playing, you become a ridiculous person with dodgeball dreams you didn’t even know you had.
- Winning team: Ball Things Considered, a team that combined the powers of Charity Dynamics’ Support, Sales and Marketing teams!
- Team Spirit Award: P-Mount Pride. Turns out Austin’s own Paramount Theatre isn’t just serious about bringing culture and youth education to Congress Avenue – they were the first to start warming up and the only team that incorporated pep talks and huddles.
- Honorable Mention: Fresh Airballs—a team full of Charity Dynamics Project Managers—put up an incredible show, but found that winning gold was jusssst out of scope.