The holidays may seem like they’re far away, but as you well know they’ll sneak up on you! The holiday season brings about two very significant fundraising occurrences; End-of-Year campaigns and #GivingTuesday. While a savvy nonprofit pro will integrate these together, it’s important to plan for both. #GivingTuesday is a great opportunity to ramp up your crowdfunding and End-of-Year campaigns are just sensible as donors remember that their charitable contributions are tax deductible gifts.
Crowdfunding continues to gather momentum as these events recruit up to 60% new high-value donors and deliver priceless brandraising. New single-day crowdfunding records have been recently set and surpassed: North Texas Giving Day in September 2013 raised $25.2M, #GivingTuesday in December 2013 raised $32M, then Give Local America in May 2014 raised $53.7M. Talk about some serious fundraising! #GivingTuesday is on December 2nd this year and you will need to plan well in advance to get a piece of this huge giving pie.
We have devised our five strategies for #GivingTuesday success:
- Create visibility of #GivingTuesday on your website and blog. Feature a #GivingTuesday banner on your homepage that links to a donation form.
- Cultivate #GivingTuesday press coverage opportunities beforehand; it’s a terrific chance to showcase your organization’s story.
- Realize that #GivingTuesday is not a Year-end strategy in and of itself – BUT it can be one element of your broader campaign.
- Send an eAppeal to your email file explaining the concept and asking for their #GivingTuesday gift.
- If resources allow, implement a one-day lightbox/splash page that pops up on your site with a link to donate.
Want to learn more about these five strategies and much more? Sign up for one of these free webinars with Kimbia and Social Factor and one of our Charity Dynamics consultants.
Thursday, August 14th
Tuesday, September 23rd
Tuesday, October 14th